Isochrone Server Manual
To create an isochroneThe steps to creating a single (or set) of isochrones are as follows:
- Choose a stellar interior model
- Specify the mass range
- Specify the age (in log10 years), or alternatively specify an age range and choose an age spacing from the drop-down menu
- Select the photometric system
- Select the magnitude and colour
- Specify the reddening in terms of E(B-V)
- Select the output of the isochrone: single-star sequence or a 2-D distribution including binaries
All stars within a given models are flagged (isgood column) as either T or F, where T denotes a good star and F represents a not good star. The reasons why a given star is flagged as F are presented in the flag column and could be due to lower/upper mass limits in the stellar interior models outside the mass range or due to lower effective temperature limits for the semi-empirical bolometric corrections (grav).
Further information on the stellar interior models, the semi-empirical bolometric corrections and colour/effective-temperature relations, and the model output can be found either in the tabs alongside the drop-down menus below or in the About these models tab in the navigation bar on the left hand-side of this page.
Home > Group > Tim Naylor > tau-squared > Manual