School of Physics,
University of Exeter,
I am a third year astrophysics PhD student at the University of Exeter. I also studied at Exeter for four years to obtain my MPhys degree.
- I will be giving a talk at the Mind The Gap conference in Cambridge this July.
- I will be giving a talk at the National Astronomy Meeting in St Andrews this July.
- I am heading to Stockholm in June for a 26 day meeting on photo-evaporation in astrophysical systems (meeting website).
- I have just had a new paper accepted by MNRAS
- I am organising a workshop at Exeter in April 2013 which will benchmark numerical codes used to study star formation. For further details see the workshop website
- You can view my presentation at the recent DiRAC science day here.
- You can view my poster from the Crete conference here
- New paper submitted to MNRAS. You can view it now on arxiv: Link to paper here.
- Registered for St Andrews Monte Carlo Summer School. Sadly cancelled! Link to school webiste
- Attending "The Labyrinth of Star Formation" conference in Crete, 2012 - will be presenting a poster. Link to conference website
- Attended NAM in Manchester in March - gave a talk.
- You can now follow me on twitter (link)
- New paper accepted by MNRAS! Link to paper here. The refereed version is now available too.
My research involves Radiation Hydrodynamics models of star forming regions using a computer code called TORUS. I also calculate simulated images to compare my results with observations.
In addition to this I also manage postgraduate sessions, ensure that there is a free flowing stream of coffee beans into the group and am currently working on expanding the Exeter Data Archive (EDA) to accommodate zen users.